Practical Tools and Tips on Mainstreaming Gender for Water Utilities
Access to clean water is vital for everyone, but some groups need special consideration. One such group is women and girls, who are often responsible for duties such as collecting, storing, and managing household water supplies. We often hear about the importance of gender mainstreaming, but do we really understand how to do it?
This webinar covered the following topics:
- Why paying attention to gender improves services and access
- Gender mainstreaming internally (within utilities) and externally (within services)
- How gender-disaggregated data helps utilities understand and overcome challenges
- How to design projects and activities with gender in mind
- Practical tools and good examples of gender mainstreaming in water provision.
|Date||Session / Activity||Presentation Material||Speaker(s)|
|18 Aug 2021||Presentation||
Material: Practical Tools and Tips on Mainstreaming Gender for Water Utilities
This presentation gives an overview oftools and tips on how gender can be mainstreamed in WASH.
|Lusia Sefo-Leau, Kate Walton, Georgina Hou|