The Future of Sustainable Cities
The COVID-19 pandemic has given Southeast Asia the opportunity to reimagine its cities and make them more resilient, inclusive, and sustainable, said experts at the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) third Southeast Asia Development Symposium (SEADS). In a panel, "The Future of Sustainable Cities," experts looked into policy actions and responses, financing options, digital solutions, and other innovations that can help Southeast Asia build more livable cities.
Moderator: Lauren Sorkin, Executive Director, Resilient Cities Network
- Zairil Khir Johari, State Executive Councilor for Infrastructure and Transport,
- Penang State Government, Malaysia; State Assemblyman, Tanjong Bunga
- Ridwan Kamil, Governor, West Java, Indonesia
- Ilaria Chan, Chairperson, Tech for Good Institute
- Ramesh Subramaniam, Director General, Southeast Asia Department, ADB