Dr. Elga Salvadore obtained a Master in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the Universita degli Studi di Genova (Italy) in 2008 with a thesis focusing on hydraulic simulations of river and flood protection systems. She obtained a PhD scholarship from the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO) and VITO (Flemish Institute for Technological Research) and completed her PhD in Engineering at the Vrije Universiteit Brussels (Belgium) in 2015 with a research on spatially-distributed hydrological modelling of urbanized catchment. At the Vrije Universiteit Brussels (2008-2017) she was an assistant lecturer and later post-doc researcher in GIS, Remote Sensing and Python programming, and co-supervised several MSc thesis. She has also organized and executed (remote sensing) field measurement campaigns in Europe.
Since 2016 she is a lecturer and water accounting expert at IHE Delft. She teaches water accounting and remote sensing related subjects and she is involved in various capacity development and research projects (in Cambodia, India, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan). In 2017 she has also been appointed as guest professor at the Vrije Universiteit Brussels and KULeuven (Belgium) where she teaches Environmental Programming in Python for students of the Interuniversity Master in Environmental Engineering (IUPWARE).
Peer-reviewed articles in international journals
- Dams, J., Salvadore, E., Van Daele, T., Ntgeka, V., Willems, P., Batelaan, O., 2012. "Spatio-temporal impact of climate change on the groundwater system." Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, Vol 16, Issue 5, pp. 1517-1531
- Ampe, E. M., Vahamel, I., Salvadore, E., Dams, J., Bashir, I., Demarchi, L., Chan J. C.-W., Sahli, H., Canters, F., Batelaan, O., 2012. "Impact of urban land-cover classification on groundwater recharge uncertainty", IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observation and Remote Sensing, Issue 99, pp.1-9.
- Schmitz, O., Salvadore, E., Poelmans, L., van der Kwast, J., Karssenberg, D., 2013. "A framework to resolve spatio-temporal misalignment in component-based modeling". Journal of Hydroinformatics, 16, 4, pp. 850-871.
- Ampe, E. M., Hestir, E. L., Bresciani, M., Salvadore, E., Brando, V. E., Dekker, A., Malthus, T. J., Jansen, M., Triest, L., Batelaan, O., 2014. "A wavelet approach for estimating Chlorophyll-a from inland waters." IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 11, 1, pp. 89-95
- Salvadore, E., Bronders, J., Batelaan, O., 2015. "Hydrological modelling of urbanized catchments: A review and future directions." Journal of Hydrology, 529, 1, pp. 62-81