Alisi Senikuta is currently the Community Engagement Officer–Central Eastern Division under the Water Authority Fiji.
She is responsible for 8 Provinces (Rewa, Tailevu, Naitasiri, Serua, Namosi, Lomaiviti, Kadavu, and Lau) and the island of Rotuma. Her role as the community engagement officer entails the following:
- Develop and implement community awareness programs for water and wastewater
- Mitigate issues with customers with regard to WAF general services
- Build bridges between WAF and its customers as well as between WAF and stakeholders
- Attend Talanoa sessions with Ministers, and Commissioner Central in answering questions raised with regard to services provided by WAF on behalf of WAF.
- Vett, inspect, deliver and monitor the rainwater tank initiative program.
- Represent WAF on outreach programs like REACH program, World Water Day programs, etc organized by other WASH Stakeholders
She has been with WAF since 2018 and has developed her career. Prior to that, she had been with Engineering and Science Consultants as a Consultant through the ADB-funded project with GHD which was from 2016–2017. Earlier on, she was employed as the Community Development Manager at Habitat for Humanity Fiji where she spent a total of 5 years. All her years of experience, she has always worked in the WASH industry and it has been a wonderful experience for her as she gets to learn more and more as the year's progress.